Great for Spring Applications - Avoid Skunk, Bird and Animal Damage
...GET AHEAD OF THEM BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE
grubGONE!® is the first Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) bio-insecticide to control turf grubs at a level of efficacy equivalent to chemical standards but without the side effects or off-target damage to beneficial insects, such as pollinators. With grubGONE!, entire landscapes can be economically, effectively and safely protected from destructive beetle pests such as Japanese, Asiatic, June and Oriental Beetles, and European, Cupreous, Southern and Northern Masked Chafers. Unlike other biological or chemical grub-control products that are only effective against smaller 1st-instar pests, grubGONE! is an effective control of the larger, later 2nd- and 3rd-instar beetles, and can therefore be used as a curative treatment for grub control as well as a preventative treatment.
When do I apply grubGONE! and beetleGONE!
Exact application timing will depend on your location and climate, but in general:
• Optimal timing is late July or early August when beetle eggs are hatching and grubs start feeding (preventative treatment). However, grubGONE! can also be applied through the fall as a curative treatment as well, a major advantage over even synthetic grub products as grubGONE! has both curative and preventative properties.
• grubGONE! can be effectively applied in the spring as well as in the fall. This is especially helpful if animals (moles, skunks, raccoons, birds etc...) are causing turf damage as they feed on the grubs. A spring grub treatment will not necessarily preclude a second summer/fall treatment, however, as the adult beetles will lay eggs beginning in July and the cycle may begin again.
The chart below provides general guidelines for when to apply grubGONE! and beetleGONE! in most milder climates of the United States:
• Novel & natural Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) strain.
• Much broader range of control: Japanese, Oriental, June and Asiatic Beetles; Chafers, Weevils etc...
• Can be used as a curative and preventative treatment for grubs!
• Proven to not harm, bees, pollinators or other beneficial insects (such as parastic wasps and beneficial nematodes that also kill grubs).
• Works against first to third instar grubs.
• Is effective in cooler temperatures than other biologicals.
• 3 Year Shelf Life!
Ingredients: Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae Strain SDS-502
Apply 2 lbs. (32 oz.) of grubGONE! per 1,000 sq. ft. of turf grass or ornamental plants (equivalent to 87 lbs. of grubGONE!, or about 2x of 40 lbs. bags per acre).
*As an alternative when a wettable powder is needed, beetleGONE! (which contains the exact same active ingredient) at a rate of 0.35 lbs. per 1,000 square feet (in 1 to 2 ounces or 1/2 a cup per gallon of water).
• grubGONE! should be watered in (1/4 inch of water) within a few days of application or UV degradation can lead to lower product performance over time.
• grubGONE! can be applied and is effective any time grubs are feeding.
Sites of Application:
Phyllom grubGONE! can be used for applications to landscape and recreational turf grasses found in, on and/or adjacent to golf courses (e.g., greens, tees, collars, roughs, and fairways), residential lawns, commercial grounds (e.g., office and shopping complexes and airports), parks, schools, playgrounds, athletic fields, day care facilities, pet care facilities, cemeteries, sod farms, and other turf grass-covered areas. grubGONE! G is not phytotoxic and can be used on all turf grass and ornamental plant species.
grubGONE! Shelf Life
3 Year Shelf Life with no special storage requirements (no refrigeration needed).
Meets the requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP)
for use in organic production