Neptune's Harvest Organic Crab Shell is an excellent dry organic source of Nitrogen, Phosphorous and Potassium (NPK), Calcium (23%) and Magnesim (1.33%). Crab Shell will also help to create soil conditions that are naturally growth-suppressing for grubs, fungal organisms and other insects. Here's why: Crab Shells are high in chitin, which promotes the growth of chitin eating bacteria in the soil. The exoskeletons of the eggs of grubs or other insect pests are also high in chitin. Crab Shell, when added to the soil, helps to create a hostile environment for grubs by stimulating the natural biological life that degrades (or “eats”) chitin and chitin based organisms such as grubs, ants, insect pests and pathogenic (bad) fungal organisms. Additionally, the high level of calcium in Crab Shell helps to raise the pH of acidic soils, making it a great organic substitute for mined lime products.
• A great, natural full-spectrum fertilizer with many micro- and macro-nutrients to help build soil health.
• A great source of vital calcium, more complete than plain lime.
• Excellent pH control for lawns.
• Creates hostile conditions for grubs and lawn pests.
• Easy to apply with standard spreaders.
• Recycles discarded clam shells from the fishing industry.
• All natural and organic - safe for the environment, pets, wild animals and children!
Note: Also available as a finely ground flour in 50 lb. bags.