Gluten-8™ Liquid Pre-Emergent Weed Killer
Gluten-8™ combines the effectiveness of 20 years of scientifically proven Corn Gluten Meal with the convenience and cheaper price of a sprayable liquid. The unique enzymatic hydrolysis process preserves the efficacy of Corn Gluten Meal to provide an economical organic product for home and professional pre-emergent weed control for suppression of annual grass weeds (crab grass) as well as broadleaf weeds such as dandelions, clover and plantain.
• Liquid Corn gluten meal is a water-soluble product derived from corn gluten meal.
• EPA 25(b) Exempt - because the EPA has determined that certain "minimum risk pesticides" pose little to no risk to human health or the environment, this product has been exempted from pesticide registration due to the minimum risk ingredients.
With the exemption, this product is ideal for lawn care where pesticide bans exist.
• Gluten-8 has been tested for over 20 years by Iowa State University as a pre-emergent herbicide:
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal Research.
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal - A Natural Weed and Feed for Lawns and Gardens.
Gluten-8 Application Instructions:
• Mix 1 Quart of Gluten-8 with 3 Quarts of water (1:3) to make 1 gallon of mixed product. 1 Gallon of diluted product will treat 1,000 square feet.
• Mix 1 Gallon of Gluten-8 concentrate treats 4,000 square feet.
• Mix and shake well before using.
• Apply in the spring as the soil temperature is warming from 45°F to 50°F for cool season weeds such as dandelions, clover and plantains.*
• Apply as the soil is warming from 60°F to 65°F for warm season weeds such as crabgrass.*
*The specific soil temperatures in your area can be accurately checked based on your zip code here.
Gluten-8 Active Ingredients:
• Enzymatically Hydrolyzed Liquid Corn Gluten Meal.......................................99.81%