Gluten-8 OLP Liquid Pre-Emergent Weed Killer
Gluten-8 OLP™ combines the effectiveness of 20 years of scientifically proven Corn Gluten Meal with the convenience and cheaper price of a sprayable liquid. The unique enzymatic hydrolsis process preserves the efficacy of Corn Gluten Meal to provide an economical organic product for home and professional pre-emergent weed control for supression of annual grass weeds (crab grass) as well as broadleaf weeds such as dandelions, clover and plantain.
This product is ideal for lawn care where pesticide bans exist.
• Liquid Corn gluten meal is a water-soluble product derived from corn gluten meal.
• EPA 25(b) Exempt - because the EPA has determined that certain "minimum risk pesticides" pose little to no risk to human health or the environment, this product has been exempted from pesticide registration due to the minimum risk ingredients.
• Gluten-8 has been tested for over 20 years by Iowa State University as a pre-emergent herbicide:
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal Research
Iowa State University: Corn Gluten Meal - A Natural Weed and Feed for Lawns and Gardens
Gluten-8 Application Instructions:
• Mix 1 quart gluten-8 OLP with 3 quarts of water (1:3) to make 1 gallon of mixed product. 1 Gallon of diluted product will treat 1000 square feet.
• 1 Gallon of Gluten-8 OLP concentrate treats 4000 square feet.
• Mix and shake well before using.
• Apply in the spring as the soil temperature is warming from 45 to 50 degrees for cool season weeds.
• Apply as the soil is warming from 60 to 65 for warm season weeds.
Gluten-8 Active Ingredients:
• Enzymatic Hydrolysis Derived Liquid Corn Gluten Meal*.
*Contains 1.5% Total Nitrogen.