Pre-Emerg Pre-Emergent Weed Killer
Pre-Emerg* is a novel selective pre-emergent natural herbicide. Pre-Emerg has a very unique way of killing crabgrass, broadleaf and other grassy weeds (such as annual grasses and sedges) by burning the seed hairs that are found on many types of weed seeds (but not on desired turf seeds) and thus stopping germination. Because this does not affect established turf or turf seeds, weeds are stopped before they start without harming established turf grasses. This patented pre-emergent herbicide is effective on a broad range of weeds. Pre-Emerg is not comprised of toxic synthetic chemistries.
• The Pre-Emerg technology allows for natural weed free turf unlike any other in natural land care.
• Novel mechanism of action that works against crabgrass and dicot seeds but does not affect monocot (desired turfgrass) seeds.
• Areas can be re-seeded with desired monocot grass seed immediately after Pre-Emerg application.
• Pre-Emerg provides 6 to 8 weeks of weed control.
• Pre-Emerg does not photodegrade like many synthetic chemistries.
• Pre-Emerg is 25(b) exempt, which means it is a minimal risk pesticide that does not need to be registered with an EPA number. 25(b) products can be used in many instances where pesticides are banned or not wanted. Check your local regulations.
• Works on dozens of different weeds while not harming cool or warm season grass.
• Pre-Emerg is a tool that we have never had before in natural land care.
Use Pre-Emerg Selective Pre-Emergent at 32 ounces in 1 to 1.5 gallons of water to treat 1,000 square feet.
• Apply in early spring to established turf grass before weed germination. Late spring applications are for warm season weeds.
• 1 gallon covers approximately 4,000 square feet.