Kelp Meal 1 - 0 - 2
Neptune's Harvest Organic Kelp Meal is made of the deep north cold water seaweed Ascophyllum Nodosum, which is widely recognized as one of the finest marine plants available for agriculture today. Kelp Meal is a natural and cost effective enhancement to any soil fertilization and conditioning program. It is suitable for all crops and applications, and can be mixed with most soil conditioners and fertilizers. It can also be incorporated into potting soils, seed and transplant beds, as well as composting material. Kelp Meal contains minerals, carbohydrates and amino acids.
• Adds organic matter to your soil.
• Helps soil retain moisture.
• Enhances healthy root growth.
• Kelp Meal will keep your lawn healthy and green, even through drought periods.
Suggested Application Rates:
• For gardens: Apply in early spring, as soon as soil can be worked at 3 Lbs. per 100 Sq. Ft.
• For perennial crops: Apply at the end of dormancy. Mix thoroughly with the soil or growing media, taking care not to apply in concentrated form directly to the roots.
• Trees: Apply directly as a top dressing at 1 Lb. per Inch of tree diameter.
• Row Crops: Add 1 to 2 Lbs. per 100 Feet.
• Compost: Add 3 to 6 Ounces per Cu. Ft.
• Turf: Use 10 Lbs. per 1000 Sq. Ft.
• Potting Mix: Add 2% of total volume by weight.
• Seed Beds: Add 1 Lb. per 100 Sq. Ft.
• Bulbs: Use 1 Tablespoon mixed in soil under bulb.