- Unit price
NOW WITH FREE SHIPPING ON ALL SIZES!!!
DUE TO STATE REGULATIONS BEYOND OUR CONTROL, WE ARE UNABLE TO SHIP THIS TO THE FOLLOWING STATES: AK, LA, NM, NV, UT.
We can not ship to Canada.
For use against both Beetles & Grubs as a liquid spray.
Note: We can not ship to Canada
Shelf stable for at least 3 years!
beetleGONE!® is the first Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) bio-insecticide to control adult scarab beetles (plus the larvae or turf grubs) at a level of efficacy equivalent to chemical standards; but without the side effects or off-target damage to beneficial insects and pollinators. With beetleGONE!, entire landscapes or crops can be economically, effectively and safely protected from destructive beetle pests such as Japanese, Asiatic, June and Oriental Beetles as well as European, Cupreous, Southern and Northern Masked Chafers. Unlike other biological or chemical grub-control products, beetleGONE can be used as a curative treatment for grub control as well as a preventative treatment.
- Much broader range of control: Japanese, Oriental, June and Asiatic beetles; Chafers, Weevils & Emerald Ash Borers.
- Can be used as a curative and preventative treatment for grubs!
- Proven to not harm, bees, pollinators or other beneficial insects (such as parasitic wasps and beneficial nematodes, which also kill grubs).
- Works against first to third instar grubs.
- Novel activity on adult beetles & grubs.
- Convenient wettable powder can be sprayed using any spray equipment.
- Is effective in cooler temperatures than other biologicals.
- 3 Year Shelf Life!
Why beetleGONE! is So Far Superior to Milky Spore
beetleGONE! has the broadest range of effectiveness against grubs in the non-synthetic market, and does it without harming beneficial insects! Milky Spore is only effective against Japanese Beetle grubs; beetleGONE! has a much broader spectrum of control against white grubs including not only Japanese Beetle grubs but also Asian and Oriental Beetle grubs as well as many chafers (such as the European) and many borers:
You get a more complete protection with beetleGONE! Even better, beetleGONE! is also effective against adult beetles as well as all stages of grubs (1st through 3rd instar stages) - Milky Spore is not.
beetleGONE! is composed of the natural soil bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg), but most of the activity in the soil comes from the ingestion of the stable protein derived from the Btg; it is therefore not dependent on the the finicky conditions required for the bacterium to reproduce. beetleGONE! is stable for years and is effective at any temperature range in which grubs are feeding. Milky Spore must grow and reproduce in order to be effective, and therefore has a limited temperature range in which it will possibly work. In soils in the northeastern United States and some other parts of the country, the Milky Spore bacteria do no survive in the soil for extended periods, contrary to claims otherwise (see references below).
- University of Connecticut: "Milky spore may not persist through cold winters, and is most effective... when used in a neighborhood effort."
- University of Vermont: "Milky Spore...(has had) relatively poor or inconsistent results in the field."
- Cornell University: Does Milky Spore Work? "The overall effect of Milky Disease is as a population suppressant, not as a direct control."
- Reasons You Should Not Be Using Milky Spore.
When Do I Apply beetleGONE?
Exact application timing will depend on your location and climate. Japanese beetle activity starts at the beginning of July in most parts of the country, and beetleGONE! should be applied when beetles emerge. For grubs, the eggs hatch in the beginning of through mid-August. A beetleGONE! treatment from late July through early September for grubs will mitigate damage and be a once-a-year application.
The chart below provides general guidelines for when to apply beetleGONE! in most milder climates of the United States:
General Application Instructions for beetleGONE!
- Apply beetleGONE! at a rate of 1 to 2 ounces per gallon of water (slightly less than 1/2 cup or 8 tablespoons per gallon of water).
- For larger application, use beetleGONE! at a rate of 2.5 pounds per acre (or more for heavier infestations) per application in up to 30 gallons (for low volume mist blowers) or 100 gallons (for high volume hydraulic sprayers) of water per acre.
- beetleGONE! may also be used as a wettable powder for grub control on turf at a rate of 0.25 lbs. per 1,000 square feet (1/2 a cup or 8 tbs. of beetleGONE! per gallon of water per 1,000 square feet).
- 1 lb. covers 4,000 square feet.
Application Notes for beetleGONE!
- Re-apply beetleGONE! every 7-10 days when beetles are active. Excess rain may require more frequent applications (for beetles only...for grubs once a year in the late summer/early fall is enough).
- The use of a sticker is highly recommended to extend the time that the product is active. Nu Film®P is the suggested spreader, you can buy that through us by clicking here.
- Do not use any screens or filters with a size larger than 120 mesh (the larger the number the finer the screen). Clogging is possible with spray equipment that uses 140 mesh filters or higher.
- If using beetleGONE! for grub control, water in with 0.5 inch of water, or apply before a moderate rain. beetleGONE! must reach the root zone where the white grubs feed.
- Use a pump sprayer or backpack sprayer for optimal application. Hose-End-Sprayers are NOT recommended due to inconsistent coverages.
- beetleGONE! is a feeding inhibitor, so the beetles need to take a bite of it before it works. After a short time after ingestion, the bacterium will poke a hole in the beetle's stomach and they stop feeding and hence stop damaging plants. But it may take a day or so for them to actually die, although you will likely see the beetles stunned within a couple of hours but no more damage will be done. Even nocturnal beetles, such as Asiatic or Orientals, may be present during the day on the leaves stunned.
- With very heavy pressure, and 100s of beetles biting a plant before they die, you could still see excessive damage on the plants that appears as if the product is not working. You may still see beetles emerging from the lawn and flying around. beetleGONE! will not kill any beetles that do not ingest the product on the plants that were sprayed. In very rare cases, the pressure could be so that the damage still happens with new beetles constantly coming in that haven't yet ingested the product.
beetleGONE! Shelf Life
3 Year Shelf Life with no special storage requirements (no refrigeration needed).
beetleGONE! Sites of Application
Phyllom beetleGONE! can be used for applications to plants, trees and turf residential lawns, commercial grounds (e.g., office and shopping complexes and airports), parks, schools, playgrounds, athletic fields, day care facilities, pet care facilities, cemeteries, sod farms, and other turf grass-covered areas. beetleGONE! is not phytotoxic and can be used on all plant species.
beetleGONE! Scientific References
- New Grub Control Product May Be a Game Changer.
- Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Magazine - grubGONE! as a New Organic Option for Insect Control On Sports Fields.
- Grub Control in Lawns May Be Easier and Safer in 2015 on About.com.
- The Day - Green and Growing: Kathy Connolly. GrubGONE! & beetleGONE!
- A strain of Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. galleriae containing a novel cry8 gene highly toxic to Anomala cuprea (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae).
beetleGONE! Active Ingredient
Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae Strain SDS-502.
beetleGONE! Available Sizes
- 1 lb. bag (Covers 17,500 square feet for beetles or 4,000 square feet for grubs).
- 2 lb. bag (Covers 35,000 square feet for beetles or 8,000 square feet for grubs).
- 5 lb. bag (Covers 2 acres for beetles or 20,000 square feet for grubs).
*Meets the requirements of the National Organic Program (NOP) for use in organic production.
Our sister company, Green Earth Ag & Turf, brings a decade of experience as the U.S. leader in providing Professional Landscapers, Farmers and Indoor Growers like you the best in organic products for higher yields, aesthetics and profits! Discounted professional or wholesale prices can be found there.
CLICK HERE to quickly and easily open a wholesale account with us or to get bulk and professional pricing.
You can also contact us directly at (866) 374-5101 or info@GreenEarthAgAndTurf.com for the top technical and customer service in the industry.
Adding product to your cart
Leave Us A Review!
Hi, it's too soon for me to respond to this question. I won't know until I use it this summer as a defense measure pertaining to Japanese beetles. Thank you.
After liberal applications with varying dilutions, this beetle spray mixture did absolutely nothing. Absolutely no change occurred and the beetles are still thriving. This was a colossal waste of money.
Last summer Asiatic garden beetles turned my butterfly bushes, sage, and mint into match sticks. Hundreds of them were eating every single leaf! Then I noticed several in my vegetable garden (peppers, luffa, and other plants). After a few applications of this stuff from a spray bottle, they stopped. The garden was largely spared damaged and the bushes/mint grew back. Highly recommend this product! Kind of expensive but it works, and a little goes a long way.
Since early July, Japanese beetles have been attacking my plum tree and grape vine in full force. I've sprayed the plants 4 times in the last 2 weeks, with one torrential rainstorm in between. I didn't think it would work but the dead beetles are starting to pile up on the ground now. I still use soapy water to hand pick the beetles within my reach. But I leave the ones on higher branches to beetleGONE!, just in case I miss and they start relocating to my untreated pear trees nearby. I wish I discovered this years ago!
Following the directions on the bag I applied the product the day after I noticed animals had dug into the lawn. An appreciable decline in holes were observed weeks later. Further applications next season should rid the lawn of grub damage I'm sure. Thank you!
We offer a 30 day return policy from the date of shipment
At GrowItNaturally.com, we pride ourselves in making all attempts to get your order out the same day (if ordered early enough) or within one business day of your order. We do our best to securely package your order, and you will promptly receive an e-mail with tracking information when your order is packed for shipment. We ship many orders every day, and the carriers usually don't notify us of delays or damage, so we ask that you track your packages and promptly let us know if there is a delay. We will do our best to solve the problem, but many times may require the receiver to work directly with UPS or The US Postal Service. Once the carriers (UPS or the USPS) pick up the package, we have no control over delays or transit time. Transit times are no longer guaranteed by UPS or USPS, even though it may display such times. We can not refund money for or speed up deliveries not delivered in the time listed by the carriers. We are not responsible for orders that are delivered by the carrier and lost or stolen. For products damaged by the Post Office or UPS, it is required that the original box, label and product be saved. Pictures must be taken of the damage or we will not guarantee a rebate or replacement if the damage occurs in transit.
Free Shipping Policy:
For items with free shipping, we have the right to choose the carrier, either the US Postal Service or UPS. Please e-mail us if you require a PO Box only or other shipping requirements. If one carrier is required and it is not the most cost-effective means, we reserve the right to charge additional shipping fees.
Please email us at info@GrowItNaturally.com prior to making any returns so we know how to credit and return product payments. We inspect all returns prior to making any refunds; refunds are only made after product is returned in good condition. Products may not be returned if the seal has been broken. Shipping charges are not refundable. All returns must be in new, unused, and mint condition. Product must be returned to us prepaid in the original manufacturer’s packaging. GrowItNaturally.com is not responsible for any shipping damage in transit or packaging failures, leaks etc. The buyer is responsible for any return shipment costs, including products that shipped to buyer with "free shipping".
Please make sure that your return is packaged securely and shipped via UPS, FedEx, or the USPS and note the tracking number. All packages should be insured in case of breakage or loss. GrowItNaturally.com is not responsible for returned items damaged or lost in transit.
If you order an item and then decide you do not want the item, it is your responsibility to return the purchase to us prepaid. Refusing delivery does not constitute a waiver of your responsibility and the return shipping charges will be deducted from any refund.
Credit Card and PayPal Claims Filed First or Review Extortion:
At GrowItNaturally.com, we pride ourselves on excellent customer and technical service. When issues do arise, often due to carriers such as UPS or the Post Office, we respond and work out the problems to the best of our abilities. Our reviews show our extensive service record. Please contact us via e-mail or telephone first to see if the problem can work out quickly and fully through our extensive troubleshooting experience and highly rated customer service department.
- PayPal and Credit Card Claims Filed Before Contact: If a PayPal or credit card claim is filed before first contacting us directly and attempting to resolve it, we can not help out any further until the claim is fully processed, which can often take weeks or months. If we are contacted before a claim we can often resolve issues the same day or very quickly. However, once a claim is filed we must follow the policies and processes of the merchant, and this will very much slow down the resolution process and ultimately your resolution and compensation. We reserve the right to appeal any unfounded claims, especially those not initially attempted to be resolved with us directly, and it is our policy to do so.
- Review Threats: Our policy is that we will not respond when review threats are the first contact; such as when a threat of a bad review if a full refund is not sent is the manner in which we are approached. This then becomes a legal issue and may be referred to our legal counsel. We also reserve the right to forward the threatening e-mail to the proper review agencies and state or federal authorities, and it is our policy to do so.
By completing this form, you are signing up to receive our emails and can unsubscribe at any time.