- Unit price
NOW WITH FREE SHIPPING on all 10 lb. Pack sizes (Excludes 40 lb. Bags)!
Due to state regulations beyond our control, we can not ship to: AK, AR, LA, NM, NV, UT. We can not ship to Canada.
In bulk or professional sizes, grubGONE! is now cheaper per 1,000 sq. ft. to apply than Acelepryn®!! Quickly and easily get professional pricing by CLICKING HERE on our wholesale website to either set up (once approved) or log into your professional account.
grubGONE!® is the first Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) bio-insecticide to control turf grubs at a level of efficacy equivalent to chemical standards but without the side effects or off-target damage to beneficial insects, such as pollinators. With grubGONE!, entire landscapes can be economically, effectively and safely protected from destructive beetle grubs such as Japanese, Asiatic, June and Oriental Beetles, European Chafers and many more. Unlike other biological or chemical grub-control products, grubGONE! is an effective control of all life stages of grubs including the later 2nd and 3rd-instar forms and can therefore be used as a curative treatment for grub control as well as a preventative.
- The Science & References
- Why grubGONE! Is So Much More Effective Than Milky Spore
- Application Instructions
- grubGONE! Shelf Life
- Active Ingredient
- Label & Documents
- Novel & natural Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) strain.
- Proven to be as effective as synthetics, including neonicotinoids and Acelepryn, in numerous side-by-side university studies!
- Can be used as a curative and preventative treatment for grubs.
- New 20% price reduction from previous price!
- Much broader range of control including: Japanese, Oriental, June and Asiatic Beetles; Annual Bluegrass Weevil (ABW), Chafers, Some types of Weevils, etc...
- Proven with multiple university studies to kill Annual Bluegrass Weevils, a great tool for golf course superintendents and others affected by this difficult to control and damaging pest.
- Proven to not harm bees, pollinators or other beneficial insects (such as parasitic wasps and beneficial nematodes that also kill grubs).
- Works on all stages of the adult beetle and larval (grub) stages; including the 1st through 3rd instar grub stages. Can be used in the spring as well as late summer and fall.
- OMRI-Listed for use in organic programs.
- Is effective in cooler temperatures than other biologicals.
- 3 Year Shelf Life!
- New Grub Control Product May Be a Game Changer.
- Ohio Turfgrass Foundation Magazine - grubGONE! as a New Organic Option for Insect Control On Sports Fields.
- Grub Control in Lawns May Be Easier and Safer in 2015 on About.com.
- The Day - Green and Growing: Kathy Connolly. GrubGONE! & beetleGONE!
- A strain of Bacillus thuringiensis subsp. galleriae containing a novel cry8 gene highly toxic to Anomala cuprea (Coleoptera: Scarabaeidae).
grubGONE! has the broadest range of effectiveness against grubs in the non-synthetic market, and does it without harming beneficial insects! Milky Spore is only effective against Japanese Beetle grubs; grubGONE! has a much broader spectrum of control against white grubs including not only Japanese Beetle grubs but also Asian and Oriental Beetle grubs as well as many chafers (such as the European) and borers:
Even more, grubGONE! is also effective against adult beetles as well as all stages of grubs (1st through 3rd instar stages) - Milky Spore is not. You get a more complete protection with grubGONE!
grubGONE! is composed of the natural soil bacterium Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae (Btg) but more the stable protein the microbe makes that is toxic to only grubs. It is therefore not dependent on the finicky conditions required for the bacterium to live like Milky Spore. grubGONE! is stable for years and is effective at any temperature range grubs are feeding. Milky Spore has a limited temperature range to work. In soils in the northeastern United States and some other parts of the country, the Milky Spore bacteria do not survive in the soil for extended periods, contrary to claims otherwise (see references below).
- University of New Hampshire: " The milky spore bacterium is not effective in northern New England because spring soils are too cold. “
- University of Connecticut: "Milky Spore has not been very successful in controlling white grubs."
- University of Vermont: "Milky Spore...(has had) relatively poor or inconsistent results in the field."
- Cornell University: Does Milky Spore Work? "The overall effect of Milky Disease is as a population suppressant, not as a direct control."
- Reasons You Should Not Be Using Milky Spore.
- For preventative treatments or standard infestations under 15 grubs per sq. ft.: apply 2 lbs. (32 oz.) of grubGONE! per 1,000 sq. ft. of turf grass, gardens or ornamental plants (equivalent to 87 lbs. of grubGONE!, or about 2x of 40 lbs. bags per acre).
- For curative treatments in late August through the fall or heavier infestations above 15 grubs per sq. ft.: Apply 3 lb. (49 oz) of grubGONE! per 1,000 sq. ft. of turf grass, gardens or ornamental plants.
- CLICK HERE for more detailed Spreader Settings.
- 1 lb. of grubGONE! is 2.5 cups by volume.
- For smaller applications, such as hand-spreading in gardens, 1 cup of grubGONE! weighs 6.5 ounces and would cover approximately 200 square feet.
As an alternative when a liquid application is desired, beetleGONE! (which contains the exact same active ingredient) can instead be used at a rate of 0.35 lbs. per 1,000 square feet (in 1 to 2 ounces or 1/2 a cup per gallon of water). Efficacy and price are almost identical between grubGONE! (granular) and beetleGONE! (wettable powder or liquid application).
grubGONE! Application Notes
- grubGONE! should be watered in (1/4 inch of water) within a few days of application or UV degradation can lead to lower product performance over time.
- grubGONE! can be applied and is effective any time grubs are feeding, including spring. grubGONE! can kill grubs in all 3 instar stages, as long as they ingest the product.
- We do not suggest applying grubGONE! below 50°F, or any time grubs may not be feeding. Check with your local experts to determine optimal temperatures. You can check your soil temperatures accurately and for free by CLICKING HERE and simply entering your zip code.
When is grubGONE! Applied?
Exact application timing will depend on your location and climate, but in general:
- Optimal timing is late July or early August when beetle eggs are hatching and grubs start feeding (preventative treatment). However, grubGONE! can also be applied through the fall as a curative treatment as well, a major advantage over even synthetic grub products as grubGONE! has both curative and preventative properties.
- grubGONE! can be effectively applied in the spring as well as in the fall. This is especially helpful if animals (moles, skunks, raccoons, birds, etc.) are causing turf damage as they feed on the grubs. A spring grub treatment will not necessarily preclude a second summer/fall treatment, however, as the adult beetles will lay eggs beginning in July and the cycle may begin again.
The chart below provides general guidelines for when to apply grubGONE! and beetleGONE! in most milder climates of the US:
3 Year Shelf Life with no special storage requirements or refrigeration needed.
Bacillus thuringiensis galleriae, Strain SDS-502.
Our sister company, Green Earth Ag & Turf, brings a decade of experience as the U.S. leader in providing Professional Landscapers, Farmers and Indoor Growers like you the best in organic products for higher yields, aesthetics and profits! Discounted professional or wholesale prices can be found there.
CLICK HERE to quickly and easily open a wholesale account with us or to get bulk and professional pricing.
You can also contact us directly at (866) 374-5101 or info@GreenEarthAgAndTurf.com for the top technical and customer service in the industry.
Adding product to your cart
We offer a 30 day return policy from the date of shipment
At GrowItNaturally.com, we pride ourselves in making all attempts to get your order out the same day (if ordered early enough) or within one business day of your order. We do our best to securely package your order, and you will promptly receive an e-mail with tracking information when your order is packed for shipment. We ship many orders every day, and the carriers usually don't notify us of delays or damage, so we ask that you track your packages and promptly let us know if there is a delay. We will do our best to solve the problem, but many times may require the receiver to work directly with UPS or The US Postal Service. Once the carriers (UPS or the USPS) pick up the package, we have no control over delays or transit time. Transit times are no longer guaranteed by UPS or USPS, even though it may display such times. We can not refund money for or speed up deliveries not delivered in the time listed by the carriers. We are not responsible for orders that are delivered by the carrier and lost or stolen. For products damaged by the Post Office or UPS, it is required that the original box, label and product be saved. Pictures must be taken of the damage or we will not guarantee a rebate or replacement if the damage occurs in transit.
Free Shipping Policy:
For items with free shipping, we have the right to choose the carrier, either the US Postal Service or UPS. Please e-mail us if you require a PO Box only or other shipping requirements. If one carrier is required and it is not the most cost-effective means, we reserve the right to charge additional shipping fees.
Please email us at info@GrowItNaturally.com prior to making any returns so we know how to credit and return product payments. We inspect all returns prior to making any refunds; refunds are only made after product is returned in good condition. Products may not be returned if the seal has been broken. Shipping charges are not refundable. All returns must be in new, unused, and mint condition. Product must be returned to us prepaid in the original manufacturer’s packaging. GrowItNaturally.com is not responsible for any shipping damage in transit or packaging failures, leaks etc. The buyer is responsible for any return shipment costs, including products that shipped to buyer with "free shipping".
Please make sure that your return is packaged securely and shipped via UPS, FedEx, or the USPS and note the tracking number. All packages should be insured in case of breakage or loss. GrowItNaturally.com is not responsible for returned items damaged or lost in transit.
If you order an item and then decide you do not want the item, it is your responsibility to return the purchase to us prepaid. Refusing delivery does not constitute a waiver of your responsibility and the return shipping charges will be deducted from any refund.
Credit Card and PayPal Claims Filed First or Review Extortion:
At GrowItNaturally.com, we pride ourselves on excellent customer and technical service. When issues do arise, often due to carriers such as UPS or the Post Office, we respond and work out the problems to the best of our abilities. Our reviews show our extensive service record. Please contact us via e-mail or telephone first to see if the problem can work out quickly and fully through our extensive troubleshooting experience and highly rated customer service department.
- PayPal and Credit Card Claims Filed Before Contact: If a PayPal or credit card claim is filed before first contacting us directly and attempting to resolve it, we can not help out any further until the claim is fully processed, which can often take weeks or months. If we are contacted before a claim we can often resolve issues the same day or very quickly. However, once a claim is filed we must follow the policies and processes of the merchant, and this will very much slow down the resolution process and ultimately your resolution and compensation. We reserve the right to appeal any unfounded claims, especially those not initially attempted to be resolved with us directly, and it is our policy to do so.
- Review Threats: Our policy is that we will not respond when review threats are the first contact; such as when a threat of a bad review if a full refund is not sent is the manner in which we are approached. This then becomes a legal issue and may be referred to our legal counsel. We also reserve the right to forward the threatening e-mail to the proper review agencies and state or federal authorities, and it is our policy to do so.