ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait (Coming in July 2019)
ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait contains spinosad, a naturally occurring soil organism. ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait is attractive and deadly to foraging red imported fire ants (Solenopsis invicta) and harvester ants and is readily taken back into the nest as food for the colony. The active ingredient in the bait is distributed throughout the colony, killing the ants, including the queen. Fire ants and harvester ants that consume the bait will appear sick and lethargic within 12 to 24 hours. Dead ants will frequently be seen near treated mounds 24 to 36 hours after application. The entire colony, including the queen, will usually be controlled within 3 to 14 days after treatment, depending upon environmental conditions. Control of extremely large colonies may take longer or may require reapplication. If reapplication is required, use specified mound or broadcast application rates at intervals of no less than 14 days until control is achieved. Control may be slower with broadcast applications than with individual mound treatments.
Maintain the freshness and attractiveness of the bait by keeping the container tightly sealed and using the product within the season of purchase.
Applications for ANTIXX Fire Ant Bait
- Home greenhouses
- Lawns and other turfgrass areas
- Non-crop areas such as roadsides, rights of way, industrial areas, campgrounds, parks, recreational areas, and rough turfgrass areas, farmsteads, corrals and around animal housing facilities
- Recreation areas, including golf courses, parks, playgrounds and playing fields
- Most home gardens (see label for a complete list of safe vegetables)
University Studies: ANTIXX (Spinosad) vs. Boric Acid!
- Do not allow livestock or domestic animals to consume the bait.
- Do not allow unprotected workers or other persons or pets in treated area during application.
- Do not apply to hardscapes.
- Do not ship or store with food, feeds, drugs or clothing
- This product may not be used in agricultural production covered by the Worker Protection Standard (40CFR Part 170)
Mound Application - Evenly distribute the bait over the mound and extend out to about two feet surrounding the mound. Do not disturb the mound before, during, or after treatment. Avoid mowing or tilling before and after application so the ants do not relocate from the mound.
- Mounds less than 15" in diameter..........4 tablespoons
- Mounds greater than 15" in diameter.....4-6 tablespoons
Rain occurring within 6 hours of application may disrupt ant foraging and requires reapplication.
Broadcast Application - Distribute as evenly as possible over the infested area with a calibrated rotary-type hand-held, PTO, electric or ground driven spreader. Broadcast applications will control established mounds and new colonies that are just becoming established. Applications every two months during the warm part of the year when the ants are active will help keep invading queens from establishing new colonies.
- Cups per 1,000 square feet.......1/3-2/3
- Cups per 10,000 square feet.....3-6
- Pound per acre...............................2.5-5
Rain occurring within 12 hours of application may disrupt ant foraging and requires reapplication.